Call - BSC International Summer HPC Internship Programme 2019
BSC International Summer HPC Internship Programme is an international call with 8 to 16 intern positions in order to spend a maximum of 10 weeks within the summer period (from June to September). The programme wants to encourage students to start a research career in our multidisciplinary research center. The interns will carry out research in one of BSC’s departments (Computer Sciences, Computer Application in Science and Engineering, Earth Sciences and Life Sciences). The Severo Ochoa award funds this call.
- Stipend: 1.000€ gross salary per month (full time basis).
- Mobility allowance: For candidates who come from outside Barcelona: 350€ gross salary per month (BSC will not cover relocation expenses).
- Working hours: The positions can be part time or full time depending on the final candidatures.
- Contract: Compulsory to be able to do an agreement between BSC and the University (If you cannot provide this kind of document, please do not apply).
Barcelona Supercomputing Center – Centro Nacional de Supercomputación (BSC-CNS) launches the 1st BSC International Summer HPC Internship Programme, thanks to the Seveo Ochoa award, we are looking for outstanding Undergraduate Students in order to conduct a summer research experience at the BSC-CNS. The main goal of this programme is to encourage students, from any nationality, in the path of a scientific career and to introduce them to an HPC environment.
From 8 to 16 internship positions will be awarded in 2019.
The Internships will take a maximum of 10 weeks, from June to September 2019.
- Undergraduates with an excellent academic record and a strong interest in BSC fields of research.
- One full year of university degree completed.
- Candidates may not have received an Undergraduate Degree at the time of the Internship.
- High level of English.
- Highly motivated and willingness to work in an international multidisciplinary group.
- Availability to do a student agreement through your University.
All applications must be done in the HR Calls platform, please enter in the following link:
Documents required for your application:
- An updated CV.
- 2 reference letters from the researchers/teachers with whom the intern worked/studied.
- Cover letter, including motivation statement.
- Answer the priority questions. (You have to choose your first, second and third option of BSC group where you would like to do your internship, please check the list of hosting groups below)